Nowadays IT industry is full of youngsters with flashing eyes that speak of Agile soft development, DevOps workflows, artificial intelligence, cyber security, immutable infrastructure, Big Data analytics, machine learning models and other buzzwords.
However, if modern programmers want to deliver superb products and succeed, they have to know at least some of the well-tried practices.These 10 listed IT rules remain unchanged, though they have evolved together with the industry:
- Open-source products are as good as proprietary;
- Keep the hardware safe to ensure the security of the software;
- The secure product is more important than a secure workplace;
- Test often, test a lot, test in the cloud;
- There should be a strict control of production environment updates;
- Be Agile, iterate and interact with the team and the customer;
- The team is the main asset of any business;
- Integral software ecosystems are superior to disparate islands with automated updates along the links;
- IT department should suggest and discuss, not silently follow orders;
- IT team is the main driver of change throughout the whole business.
Let’s just talk this through, point by point → https://itsvit.com/blog/modern-face-of-10-old-school-it-rules/